It is costly to move an office regardless of its size, and a lot of pre-planning is required prior to moving. Just as it is important to pack furniture, equipment, records and other items properly, it is also crucial to hire a reputable professional office removalist.
This is to ensure that everything is moved securely to your new office. Hiring the wrong office mover predisposes you to a liability risk, lost or stolen information, and worst of all, business closures.
Beware of Mini-Storage Trends
There is a growing trend in office moving with the rise of the mini-storage services. These firms store office items in their mini-storage facilities and argue that business owners will cut on the costs lined with traditional moving and storage.
Businesses need to be warned of these firms. This is because mini-storage companies do not have the same insurance cover as professional office movers. Also, a mini-storage company can auction a company’s items if the bills aren’t paid on time, and it is legit for them to do so.
You need to know that mini-storage office movers are some of the most unprofessional services available. These firms are not held to particular locations like a traditional mover, hence putting an organization at a risk of losing a lot of cash and expect to sue the storage service provider in future.
Several things should be a warning that a mini-storage mover is not trustworthy. Features such as:
- Unregistered by the Better Business Bureau
- Use rental trucks instead of company-owned vehicles
- Negative customer reviews
- Using mobile phones rather than landlines
- Use Postal Addresses instead of physical addresses
Note that, mini-storage firms are good at setting up an office and then closing unexpectedly. They are so good at this such that even after a lawsuit, they will open up under a different company name and business licenses.
They have extremely low prices which should be a warning for any business intending to hire an office mover.
How to Select a Reputable Office Mover
There are movers like Bellevue Hill removalists who mind their customers as well as their reputation. They know how to guard their reputation by providing their clients with quality services. Some of the characteristics of such movers are:
- They offer moving bids that are reasonable and competitive.
- Office assessment: they come to your business premises and survey the office and give an accurate quote based on the evaluation.
- Performs a background check on all their employees, including their part-time workers.
- Registered with the Better Business Bureau.
- Positive customer reviews and feedback.
- Have right licenses, insurance, and bonding.
- Must have a landline, physical address, and testimonials.
Qualified moving companies reduce the liability risk of your company. The firms are insured and can absorb any liability issues in case damage is reported on any furniture or vital documents.
Although they are hard to come by, hiring a hybrid office mover and records management firm can be a suitable way to approach a qualified office mover. These agencies offer the latest technology and secure transfer techniques that comply with the state and federal laws.